In October 2017, we convened with staff and our board of directors to develop a robust strategic plan to guide our work in the coming four years. With this plan in hand, our organization strives towards achieving our vision to build a local food system in Vermont that promotes environmental stewardship, creates a sustainable economy, and nurtures the health and wellbeing of our children and our community.
Read the GMFTS Strategic Plan 2018-2021 to learn more.
Our strategic plan identified five high-level goals for the next four years:
- Deliver and continually improve a holistic set of high-quality, high-impact programs.
- Strengthen and develop strategic and committed partnerships that can serve as a platform for the delivery of our mission and realization of our vision.
- Articulate the entirety of what we do and powerfully communicate it to our stakeholders and community.
- Enhance the health and effectiveness of the organization by supporting employees and developing board engagement.
- Ensure long-term financial strength and stability.