See Full Posting: 2019 Food Hub Logistics Manager
Green Mountain Farm-to-SchoolFood Hub Logistics Manager
Green Mountain Farm-to-School seeks a dynamic professional with strong organization skills to support
the growth and operations of our food hub. The Food Hub Logistics Manager will manage the operations
and systems of Green Mountain Farm Direct (GMFD), a project of Green Mountain Farm to School. Green
Mountain Farm Direct (GMFD) is a regional food hub distributing local food to schools, institutions, and
other sales outlets in northern Vermont. GMFD works with over 30 local farms to provide a variety of
local foods including apples, meat, vegetables, grains, eggs, and dairy. Annual sales are approximately
$400,000. The Food Hub Logistics Manager reports to the Executive Director.
The Food Hub Logistics Manager will:
● Manage the daily operations including accurately receiving and processing customer orders
and responding to customer inquiries.
● Coordinating with distribution partner and vendors.
● Generating and distributing weekly on-line product list.
● Build and maintain relationships with food producers.
● Data tracking, analysis, and program planning.
● As part of a team, schedule and facilitate external and internal team meetings.
● Collaborate with GMFTS Finance Coordinator on matters related to accounts payable and
receivable, follow-up with customers and vendors as needed.
● Organize implementation of promotion and marketing campaigns for food producers and
● Plan and organize annual on-farm community dinners.
● Potential for warehouse duties; including packing customer orders.
● Work alongside Food Hub Accounts Manager and identify opportunities for growth.
● Provide general operational and administrative support to the organization, as necessary.
Technologically literate with strong computer and internet skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Attentive to detail; Good organizational skills and record keeping.
Reliable private vehicle. Mileage tracked and reimbursed at company rate.
Cheerful, professional presence.
Interest in and ability to adapt to changes in evolving business, be creative, and jump in where
needed to optimize operations.
Desire and willingness to work as part of a team.
Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner in demanding and fastpaced environment.
Self-starter who can work independently.
Flexible; able to prioritize and manage workload in an evolving work environment.
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Food Systems, or related field required or equivalent
General knowledge of the sustainable food and agriculture sector.
Interest in the local food economy.
Familiarity with geographical area of northern and central Vermont.
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week, Monday- Friday) with salary range $35,000-
$37,000.00 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time
off, employer sponsored healthcare and supported wellness initiatives.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls
please. Position opened until filled. EOE.
About Green Mountain Farm-to-School
Green Mountain Farm-to-School (GMFTS) is a nonprofit organization promoting the health and well-being
of Vermont’s children, farms and communities. Our programs connect schools and farms through food
and education. We do this by building school gardens, delivering local food to schools and institutions,
and educating the community about healthy food choices. GMFTS is a fast growing and exciting place to
be, with a number of initiatives that support employee health and wellness. To learn more about GMFTS’
programs and initiatives, please visit www.greenmountainfarmtoschool.org