Position: Finance Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full-time, regular, non-exempt
Location: Newport, VT
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for executing the financial activities of the organization using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and in compliance with state and federal regulations. To succeed in this role, an ideal candidate must have a good understanding of payments, the accounting process, and budgeting, be proficient in QuickBooks or other accounting applications, Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Word and Excel, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for:
● Processing payroll and all related activities; including calculating taxes, retirement plan contributions and health insurance
● Reviewing the Employee Handbook on an annual basis, tracking accumulated CTO & personal time and keeping staff informed of accrual procedures; ensuring compliance with state and federal law.
● Plan work program to meet payroll schedules.
Accounts Receivable Duties
• Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
• Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
• Obtaining information from program managers to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
• Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
• Generating reports and statements for internal use.
Accounts Payable Duties
• General ledger journal entries and credit card and bank account reconciliation.
• Internal credit card reconciliation.
• Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
• Handling payments in an organized and timely manner.
Reporting, Budgeting and Maintenance
● Reconciling bank accounts monthly and preparing statements for review.
● Assist executive director in working with CPA on tax return preparation.
● Generating tax forms for employees, vendors, and clients.
● Assist executive director in preparing analysis and materials for Finance Committee meetings.
● Supporting executive director in providing fiscal activity information for programmatic questions, planning and grant management.
● Providing fiscal administrative support for all fundraising activities.
● Reviewing and maintaining accounting policy and procedures manual annually.
● Ensuring compliance with GAAP and requirements for other funding sources.
● Provide general operational and administrative support to the organization, as necessary.
· Degree in accounting or relevant field preferred
· Experience in non-profit accounting
· Knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel, or another accounting application
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week, Monday- Friday) with salary range $33,000-$35,000.00 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, employer sponsored healthcare and supported wellness initiatives.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Position opened until filled. EOE.