Green Mountain Farm to School
Development and Communications Coordinator
Location: Newport, VT
Green Mountain Farm-to-School (GMFTS) is a nonprofit organization promoting the health and well-being of Vermont’s children, farms and communities by providing programs to connect schools and farms through food and education. We do this by building school gardens, delivering local food to schools and institutions, and educating the community about healthy food choices. For more information about GMFTS, please visit www.greenmountainfarmtoschool.org.
Green Mountain Farm-to-School seeks a dynamic, mission-driven professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to lead fundraising initiatives and conduct supporting communications activities. Using measurable goals and outcomes, the Development and Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to implement an effective, multi-year fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on increasing major gifts and multi-year commitments, corporate sponsorships, grants from both private foundations and federal and state government programs.
The Development and Communications Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director to:
● Write grant proposals, manage grant renewals and reports
● Lead the coordination of multiple direct solicitation fundraising campaigns per year and create high-quality copy and creative for these campaigns (i.e. Annual Appeal, Giving Days)
● Manage gift acknowledgment letters and other correspondence with donors, including phone and in-person meetings
● Identify, cultivate, and secure community and business sponsors
● Manage Little Green Light donor database timely and efficiently; coordinating with Finance Coordinator as needed
● Coordination of fundraising plan; including events, online campaigns, annual appeal and others as deemed appropriate
● Create copy and guide creative for Annual Report and other promotional materials for GMFTS and its programs as needed; Work with a graphic designer when needed
● Develop and execute strategies to communicate about all of GMFTS programs and services to various audiences and the general public
● Create and distribute the organization’s e-newsletters and develop regular press releases and blog posts to promote the organization’s work
● Manage and update GMFTS and Harvest of the Month websites and manage social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
● Create or assist with other communications and development projects as needed
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required,
● 3+ Years experience with grant writing, fundraising, event coordination, and nonprofit fund development work preferred
● Experience in marketing, public relations, or other communications management
● Strong writing and verbal communication abilities; knowledge of AP Style a plus
● Strong computer skills; graphic design, web design, and/or desktop publishing experience helpful
● Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and interact effectively with donors, prospects, board members, and program beneficiaries
● Self-motivated and self-directed with a willingness to be flexible, positive, and adaptable in a rapidly changing landscape
Additional skills preferred: Canva, Little Green Light, Excel, Google Suite (specifically: Google Forms, Google Photos, Sheets, Docs), WordPress, Weebly, basic knowledge of HTML, MailMerge
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, no phone calls please. Application deadline is August 30th, 2019. Selected applicants will be contacted after the application period has closed.
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week, Monday- Friday) with salary range $35,000-$37,000.00 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, employer sponsored healthcare, retirement benefits and supported wellness initiatives and flex time.
GMFTS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.